CALHOUN, Ga. May 17, 2016—Mohawk, the parent company of Dal-Tile Corporation, is the first U.S. manufacturer as well as the first company in the flooring industry to become a Google Partner, a certification of excellence in digital marketing.
Google Partners are considered trusted online experts who are qualified and certified to manage the online marketing of other businesses. As a digital leader in the flooring industry, Mohawk already provides a comprehensive and successful suite of digital marketing tools to its retailers. This certification enhances those services.
“Being a Google Partner assures our retailers that they are receiving best-in-class service when it comes to digital marketing, which we at Mohawk believe will transform the industry in the next five years,” said Mike Zoellner, vice president of marketing services for Mohawk.
“Everything we do at Mohawk is designed to drive consumers to our retail partners for a fully integrated shopping experience. Over the past 24 months, we’ve made significant investments to help connect consumers to our retail partners through a variety of search, social and online platforms.”
Subsidiary Dal-Tile also provides similar services. “As a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries, Dal-Tile also provides a comprehensive and successful suite of digital marketing tools to its retailers through its leading brands – Daltile, Marazzi, American Olean and Ragno.” said April Wilson, director, Brand Marketing, Dal-Tile.
The heart of Mohawk’s digital efforts is the Mohawk Lead Center, a CRM system that allows retailers to capture highly qualified leads, follow up and remarket. Essential components of the Mohawk Lead Generation Program, which drives consumers who are ready to make a purchase into Mohawk retailers’ stores across the country, include:
- A database of over a million homeowners receives ongoing communication campaigns that encourage repeat purchases by providing information on new product introductions, announcing annual sales promotions and delivering printable coupons.
- Mohawk’s industry best-in-class program, Lead Booster, helps retailers analyze search traffic and purchase most-used search terms in a local market. Based on that information, digital promotional advertisements are directed to targeted consumers and serve up offers, connecting interested consumers to a retailer’s lead platform for follow-up and conversion.
- Consumers are able to purchase select soft and hard surface samples online at MohawkFlooring.com. Contact information from those consumers flows directly into the Mohawk Lead Center so retailers can follow up.
- Mohawk provides an ongoing collection of syndicated social media content to almost 2,000 retailers through the online marketing platform, Promoboxx.
- Since the introduction of Mohawk’s Friends and Family program, thousands of coupons have been printed annually with a redemption rate of 90 percent. With a potential audience reach at more than 3 million homeowners, these targeted leads feed into the Mohawk Lead Center for tracking and future marketing campaigns.
At Dal-Tile, “We provide consumer engagement opportunities through email marketing, lead generation, social media and syndicated content offerings,” Wilson added. “As the largest ceramic tile manufacturer in the U.S., it is important to provide the means for our retailers to deliver the highest quality product and service to customers. Marketing practices are just one piece of that puzzle.”
Mohawk’s certification as a Google Partner validates the manufacturer’s expertise in digital excellence in support of its customers. To become a Google Partner, Mohawk had to meet the specific, rigorous requirements, which included staff certification in Google AdWords and a proven competence implementing best practices in marketing campaigns for clients. Google reviews its partners’ marketing campaigns to make sure they continue to meet its standards. Google Partners stay up-to-date on the latest Google tools and products by passing Google-administered certification exams every 12 months.
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, hardwood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include Mohawk, American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Pergo, Unilin and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, Russia and the United States.
# # #