Innovative tile installation systems developer Schluter-Systems is hiring a new Director, Technical Services. Reporting directly to the CEO, this newly created role will combine a unique blend of experience in engineering, education, quality and thought leadership. The Director, Technical Services will support various functions within the company, and represent the company externally through technical expertise and executive presence.
Scope and Responsibilities:
- Customer-Facing Technical Liaison – Intake of customer product feedback to relay to Quality/R&D from an engineering perspective for continuous product improvement
- Sales Support – Provide technical product knowledge required of sales staff to effectively demonstrate Schluter-Systems advantages in the marketplace
- Educational Material Development – Create product handbooks to provide customers comprehensive product information and installation instructions
- Product Launch Support – Cross-functional interface to oversee successful product launches from beginning to end across all divisions
- Brand Ambassador – Represent Schluter-Systems in trade organizations and serve as the voice of the organization and product offerings
- Thought Leadership – Maintain a high level of exposure both internally and externally as resident technical expert with an all-encompassing view of the organization and its innovations
- Engineering degree, B.S. or above
- Background in Quality and/or Product Development of engineered consumer products
- Experience supporting sales functions, interfacing with customers, developing technical literature and/or instructional material
- Involvement in trade organizations, particularly as an active spokesperson
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Schluter-Systems is an international tile installation product manufacturer with three locations in North America: Plattsburgh, New York, Montreal, Quebec, and Reno, Nevada. With over 400 employees across the continent, Schluter-Systems is dedicated to creating innovative solutions for the tile industry, and working closely with its network of distributors, dealers, tile contractors, architects, specifiers and other members of the building and construction industry.