The Ceramic Tile Education Foundation (CTEF) which provides education and installer certification for professionals working in the ceramic tile and stone industry gratefully accepts $150,000 from Coverings at the 2019 Coverings show in Orlando, Florida at the Orange County Convention Center. This increases the contributions from Coverings to over $1.5 million.
Coverings has been a strong supporter of CTEF’s tile education and installation certification programs in two major ways: through generous funding and as a launch site for CTI and ACT hands-on certification testing.
- Since 2008, Coverings has provided over $1.5 million in support to CTEF for certification and education.
- In 2008, Coverings hosted the inaugural Certified Tile Installer (CTI) test.
- From 2008 to 2017, Coverings served as an annual testing location for the CTI program.
- Since 2010, Coverings has hosted the Installation Design Showcase, where the most talented and competent tile installers, including numerous CTI and ACT certified professionals, display their skills during the show, implementing cutting edge architecture and design concepts in tile. In 2019, this has become the Installation & Design Experience.
- In 2013, Coverings hosted the inaugural Advanced Certifications for Tile Installers (ACT) hands-on test.
- From 2013 to 2017, Coverings served as an annual testing location for the ACT program.
- Since 2018, Coverings has become the preeminent venue for showcasing the features and benefits of the Certified Tile Installer program, and tile installation training classes.
Because of Coverings’ generous and steadfast support, it is the sole CTEF Elite Sponsor.
Perspective on Coverings
Coverings is the largest tile and stone show in North America with 9 miles of the latest trends and exhibitors from over 40 countries and attracting over 26,000 attendees. For thirty years, Coverings has been the most prominent event for the ceramic tile and natural stone industry in North America.
The owners of Coverings include:
- Ceramic Tile Distributors Association (CTDA)
- Ceramics of Italy
- National Tile Contractors Association (NTCA)
- Tile Council of North America (TCNA)
- Tile of Spain
How CTEF supports the tile industry
CTEF was founded in 1996 to address the absence of an organization focused solely on tile installation training and education along with promoting quality tile installation in the American marketplace. The attrition of the current tile industry workforce, at the rate of several thousand per year, compounded the problem.
The CTI program
In 2008, CTEF launched the Certified Tile Installer (CTI) program. The CTI program is the only third-party assessment of installer skill and knowledge which is recognized by the tile industry. It offers owners, whether residential or commercial, peace-of-mind that their tile installer has the right skills to complete a successful tile installation.
The CTI designation identifies the professional installer who has reached a level of proficiency to independently and consistently produce a sound tile installation that displays good workmanship. Certification is the validation of the skills and knowledge of the men and women who presently are installing tile successfully in the United States.
The ACT program
In 2012, six leading tile industry organizations came together to create the Advanced Certifications for Tile Installers (ACT) testing program that offers consumers increased confidence that their tile installers know and follow tile installation procedures that exceed ANSI standards and TCNA Handbook guidelines for floor and wall.
Tile training courses
CTEF conducts tile training courses and CTI hands-on testing in its 9,000 sq. ft. facility in Pendleton, S.C., which has been designed to meet the growing demand for ceramic tile-related installation courses. Each work area contains a tub and shower that are used as a practice area for tile setting, waterproofing, and shower pan programs.
Training and certification also take place in locations around the United States thanks to the passionate and committed CTEF Regional Evaluators and the numerous dedicated hosts who offer their facilities for hands-on testing.
Supporting the tile industry
Without the generous support of Coverings and other corporate sponsors, CTEF could not accomplish of the goals it has to this date, or to help equip tile installers for the future.
To support the tile industry as Coverings does, learn more about becoming a CTEF Sponsor by clicking on https://www.
# # #
About the Ceramic Tile Education Foundation
The Ceramic Tile Education Foundation (CTEF) provides education and installer certification for professionals working in the ceramic tile and stone industry. Certification programs include the CTEF Certified Tile Installer (CTI) program which is the only third-party assessment of installer skill and knowledge to be recognized by the tile industry, and the Advanced Certifications for Tile Installers (ACT).
CTEF is headquartered in Pendleton, South Carolina, near Clemson University and near the offices of the Tile Council of North America (TCNA).
For more information, visit https://www.
Follow CTEF on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ctilef, and on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/