The Tile Heritage Foundation’s (THF) End-of-Year “Art Tile in America 2021 – from Sea to Shining Sea” Exhibition & Sale & Direct Contributions event to “Match $10,000 in Grant Funds” engendered $12,500 in support for the ongoing Archives Project!
THF extends its sincere thanks and gratitude to all of the supportive participating artists who agreed to share 50% of Exhibition Sales with THF, as well as the Foundation’s dedicated board of directors, staff, volunteers, sponsors, members and advocates for their awesome support all year long.
The People’s Choice Award was: RTK STUDIOS’ for its San Diego Automotive Museum Ceramic Tile Murals. These works also won the Juror’s Award of Best in Show.
View the virtual catalog here.
Exhibition artists included: Aleksandra Alexander, Katherine Arrow, John Beasley, Susan Beere, Lee Callewaert, Peter Davis, Andru Eron, Donna Marie Franchi, Paula Gill, Frank Giorgini, Terry Goodwin, Greg Hicho, Richard Keit, Mary Kennedy, Shelby Kennedy, Michael King, Kenyon Lewis, Matt Matijczyk, Diana Mausser, Nawal Motawi, Stephanie Osser, Carrie Anne Parks, Anella Platta, Laird Plumleigh, Rick Pruckler, Rhonda Purcell, Jaki Reed, Marion Sinclair, Barbara Schmidt, Laura Lynn Stern, The TileWorks of Bucks County, Ben Tyjeski, and Gary Warkentin.
EXHIBITION & PRIZES Sponsors and winners:
- $1000 Exhibition Hosting Sponsor — Artisan Tile & Marble Company of NJ, Inc.
- $500 Exhibition Promotion Sponsor– Silverlake Conservation, LLC.
- $1000. Best in Show: NS Ceramic, Inc. – Winner RTK Studio – San Diego Automotive Museum Ceramic Tile Mural Installation
- $750. 2nd Prize: ARTO Brick/California Pavers, Inc. — Winner Katharine Arrow Mosaics – Up From the Deep tile panel
- $500. 3rd Prize: ARTO Brick/California Pavers, Inc. — Winner Medicine Bluff Studio – Easily Distracted
- $500 Spirit of 21st Century Tile Prize: Clay Squared to Infinity. — Winner New York Tilemakers – City Tree installation
- $250. Tile Heritage Prize: Merola Sales, Co. Inc. — Winner Pint Arena Tileworks – Psathyrella Aquatica
The FUNDS generated from tile sales are shared 50/50 with the participating artisans, and will provide support for the Foundation’s ongoing tile history archiving project, as well as a comprehensive online index capturing the History of Ceramic Tile in the United States from the 1870s to the present day.
To continue to SUPPORT Tile Heritage Archives DIRECTLY! Please use this PAYPAL LINK Questions? EMAIL: [email protected] For more THF news, visit https://www.tileheritage.org