Coverings 2020’s National Tile Day Begins with Release of Top 10 Tile Trends from Ceramics of Italy, Tile Council of North America and Tile of Spain, Celebrated by Engaging Social Media Activations.
ARLINGTON, Va. – Feb.12, 2020 – Coverings (coverings.com), the largest international tile and stone exhibition and conference in North America, today announced the fourth annual National Tile Day celebration scheduled for Feb. 23, 2020. Brand-new, inspiring imagery of creative tile designs, installations and applications will be shared across Coverings’ social media channels in observance of the holiday. Social media fans and followers are invited to take part in the National Tile Day discussion, using the hashtags #NationalTileDay, #Coverings2020 and #WhyTile.
Members and enthusiasts of the tile and design industries can celebrate National Tile Day 2020 by tuning into Coverings’ KBtribechat Twitter chat Feb. 19, 2020, at 2 p.m. EST and watching Architectural Record’s Facebook Live Tile Trends session with Coverings’ ambassador Alena Capra Feb. 23, 2020, at 11 a.m. Other ways to engage include viewing Interior Design’s Facebook Live Tile Trends interview with Capra Feb. 23, 2020, at 1 p.m. and interacting with the tile community on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, using the three National Tile Day hashtags.
“National Tile Day is an incredible way to spotlight a timeless element of architecture and design that connects members of the tile community and its supporting industries,” said Alena Capra, Certified Master Kitchen & Bath Designer and Coverings Industry Ambassador. “This National Tile Day, we are excited to share with everyone the progress and importance of one of the most practical and beautiful building materials through some highly engaging and unique social media activations and programs.”
Capra and Coverings’ sponsors Ceramics of Italy, Tile Council of North America and Tile of Spain collaborated to gather and report this year’s top 10 Tile Trends for 2020, in an effort to celebrate tile’s aesthetic elements, durability and versatility for National Tile Day. The following tile trends are a precursor to the nine miles of tile to be seen at Coverings 2020, April 20-23, in New Orleans.
- Mixed Color Palettes: Consumers are currently crazy for Pantone color of the year Classic Blue, blush pinks, sage green, and dusty orange hues for a calming look.
- Refined Natural Wood Looks: Thanks to evolving digital printing technology and innovations in ink and fit technology, mimicking natural wood remains popular in 2020.
- Precious- and Gemstone-style Made Sustainable: From designs emulating rare marbles and semi-precious stones, such as onyx and agate, to tiles with an iridescent finish reminiscent of Akoya pearls, precious material styles are set to make a splash in the tile industry in 2020.
- Non-Rectangular / Mixed Geometrics: Trapezoid, rhombus and diamond-shaped tiles allow for more interesting layouts than simple grids and running bonds.
- Counter Culture: The durability and stain-resistance of porcelain make it an excellent countertop choice, which is why this type of gauged porcelain’s expanding applications will continue to be a 2020 favorite.
- Psychedelic: Expect bright, psychedelic colors, playful geometries and trippy patterns galore this year!
- Industrial Chic: Concrete- and stone-look tile options enrich environments with a chic artfulness while opening the door to endless, unique style choices.
- Modernized Marble: Traditional-inspired ceramic materials, such as emulated marble, have been modernized to adapt to today’s contemporary styles.
- Speckled Surfaces: This trend features technicolor dots and specks, and modern interpretations of terrazzo in 2020.
- Large-Scale Patterns: We will see a shift towards ceramic tiles with big, bold patterns that instantly catch the eye this year.
For in-person looks and examples of each trend, as well as the opportunity to experience the nine miles of tile and stone, network with more than 26,000 colleagues, choose from more than 50 educational opportunities, participate in brand-new business-building workshops, and more at no cost, attendees can register for Coverings 2020 today by visiting coverings.com.