NTCA is offering a full range of training in June, with 16 three-hour workshops, eight full-day regional training events, and four two-day Art Glass Panel trainings to locations around the country.
Workshops: Florida, Texas, California, Wisconsin, North Carolina, Kentucky, and Tennessee
NTCA’s 16 June workshops stretch from California, across the Midwest, down to Texas and to the Southweast. These free standards-based workshops put you in touch with peers and industry experts as you learn new skills and information, enjoy a catered meal from local eateries, and a chance to win valuable prizes.
The three-hour afternoon or evening events are open to tile installers and contractors, as well as sales personnel and the A&D community – anyone who wants to learn more about standards-based installation practices.
Each NTCA Workshop is presented by NTCA Technical Trainers who have been installing tile themselves for many years or who still maintain their tile installation business. Workshops – made possible through the support of generous sponsors who believe in elevating the industry through education — feature one of the following topics:
- Ins and Outs of Layout for Contractors
- Tile Matters – Best Practices for the Pros
- Failures – Could It Be Me?
- Tile Technology – Adhesives, Trowels, Lippage
NTCA will be at these locations in June:
- 6/1– Best Tile, Raleigh, NC
- 6/13 –Floor & Decor, Fort Worth, TX
- 6/13 –Floor & Decor, San Diego CA
- 6/14 –Floor & Decor, New Richland Hills, TX
- 6/14 – Floor & Decor, San Gabriel, CA
- 6/14 – Floor & Decor, Lakeland, FL
- 6/15 – Floor & Decor, The Colony, TX
- 6/15 –Floor & Decor, Norco, CA
- 6/15 – Floor & Decor, Fern Park, FL
- 6/20 – Floor & Decor, Murrieta, CA
- 6/21 – Floor & Decor, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- 6/22 – Floor & Decor, Oxnard, CA
- 6/27 – 21st Century Tile, Butler, WI
- 6/27 – Daltile, Louisville, KY
- 6/28 – Daltile, Nashville, TN
- 6/29 –Floor & Decor, Lexington, KY
Fine tune your skills and attend one of these NTCA workshops. For full information on each event, click https://bit.ly/3TsR8Tk to visit the Event Calendar on the NTCA website, where you can register.
Regional Training: Georgia and Florida
Contractors can learn about GPTP installation and Substrate Prep/Large-Format Tile installation during four free day-long NTCA Regional Training Events in Georgia and Florida. Visit https://bit.ly/3TsR8Tk for details and registration.
- 6/1 – GPTP Installation: Sponsored by Atlas Concorde, hosted by D&B Tile, Doral, FL.
- 6/8 – GPTP Installation: Sponsored and hosted by Floor & Decor, Orlando, FL
- 6/15 – GPTP Installation: Sponsored by Crossville, hosted by Crossville Studios, Jacksonville, FL
- 6/22 – GPTP Installation: Sponsored and hosted by Floor & Decor, Brookhaven, GA
- 6/29 – Substrate Prep for Large-Format Tile and GPTP (day 1 of 2): Sponsored and hosted by BPI, Huntsville, AL
- 6/30 – GPTP Installation (day 2 of 2): Sponsored by Atlas Concorde, hosted by BPI, Huntsville, AL
- 6/29 – Substrate Prep for Large-Format Tile and GPTP (day 1 of 2): Sponsored and hosted by Donnelly Distribution, Sussex, WI
- 6/30 –GPTP Installation (day 2 of 2): Sponsored and hosted by Donnelly Distribution, Sussex, WI
The Substrate Preparation and Large-Format Tile Training will show you how to use the ANSI A 108 standards and TCNA Handbook to address real world challenges in hands-on installations focusing on substrate examination and preparation for setting large-format tile.
The program will address:
- ANSI standards and how to apply them
- How to use the TCNA Handbook
- Different substrates and standards that apply to them
- Substrate preparation
- Setting large-format tile
The GPTP/Slabs Training equips you to install porcelain panels with confidence and accuracy. Learn new tile industry standards and methods for installing GPTP, how GPTP is made, where it can be used, and special tools, setting materials and techniques required to install it. This program will emphasize:
- Introduction to tile industry standards
- Use of ANSI A108.19 to install Gauged Porcelain Tile and Panels
- Use of specialty tools and setting materials to install GPTP
- Working with a team to install GPTP
Art Glass Panel Installation Training: Florida, Georgia and Illinois
This two-day intensive that equips qualified tile contractors to install luxurious, high-end Vetrite glass tile panels from Sicis. Qualified contractors must sign up for both days. Attendees who fully complete all course requirements will be eligible for manufacturer certification for Art Glass Panel installation and will be placed on a preferred installer/contractor list. They will also receive a Certificate of Course Completion from the NTCA. Get details and register here for the Art Glass Panel Installation Training: https://bit.ly/40FuHwX .
June trainings take place:
- 6/8-9: Sponsored by SICIS, hosted by Ceramic Matrix, Tampa, FL
- 6/14-15: Sponsored by SICIS, hosted by Specialty Tile, Norcross, GA
- 6/26-27: Sponsored by SICIS, hosted by Kiva Stone, Elk Grove Village, IL
- 6/29-30: Sponsored by SICIS, hosted by TMT Local 21 BAC – ADC # 1 Illinois, Elmhurst, IL
Attendees of NTCA’s Art Glass Panel Installation program will experience an advanced training program where they will:
- Learn about glass of many types
- Will gain the knowledge, ability and confidence to understand, handle, fabricate and install very large art glass panels to create custom installations on walls in interior wet and dry areas using a direct bond adhesive method following manufacturer instructions.
Demand is high and class size is limited, so register early. If the class is full, your registration will be added to the waiting list and you will be contacted if a space opens. Consult the NTCA Event Calendar at https://bit.ly/3TsR8Tk for details.