NTCA pulls out all the stops in October to bring 30 three-hour workshops to 15 states, four full-day regional training events, and two two-day Art Glass Panel trainings.
Workshops: Florida, Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Louisiana, Mississippi, Idaho, Texas, Iowa, Alabama, Utah, Nebraska, Minnesota, George and Colorado
Holy cow! NTCA Trainers are crisscrossing the country this month, bringing 30 free, standards-based workshops to 15 states to put you in touch with peers and industry experts as you learn new skills and information. Enjoy a catered meal from local eateries, and a chance to win valuable prizes.
The three-hour afternoon or evening events are open to tile installers and contractors, as well as sales personnel and the A&D community – anyone who wants to learn more about standards-based installation practices.
Each NTCA Workshop is presented by NTCA Technical Trainers who have been installing tile themselves for many years or who still maintain their tile installation business. Workshops – made possible through the support of generous sponsors who believe in elevating the industry through education — feature one of the following topics:
- Ins and Outs of Layout for Contractors
- Tile Matters – Best Practices for the Pros
- Failures – Could It Be Me?
- Tile Technology – Adhesives, Trowels, Lippage
NTCA will be at these locations in October:
- 10/3 D&B Tile, Doral, FL
- 10/3 Virginia Tile, Grand Rapids, MI
- 10/4 D&B Tile, Sunrise, FL
- 10/4 Virginia Tile, Midland, MI
- 10/5 D&B Tile, Delray Beach, FL
- 10/5 Virginia Tile, Troy, MI
- 10/6 Virginia Tile, Brooklyn Heights, OH
- 10/10 Floor & Decor, Greenwood, IN
- 10/11 Louisville Tile, Cincinnati, IN
- 10/12 Louisville Tile, Evansville, IN
- 10/16 Floor & Decor, Metarie, LA
- 10/17 Daltile, Davenport, IA
- 10/17 BPI, Jackson, MS
- 10/17 Arizona Tile, Meridian, ID
- 10/17 Floor & Decor, El Paso, TX
- 10/18 Floor & Decor, West Des Moines, IA
- 10/18 Floor & Decor, Huntsville, AL
- 10/18 Floor & Decor, Riverdale, UT
- 10/19 Floor & Decor, Omaha, NE
- 10/19 Daltile, St. George, UT
- 10/19 Floor & Decor, San Antonio, TX
- 10/24 Floor & Decor, Apple Valley, MN
- 10/24 Floor & Decor, Cummings, GA
- 10/24 Florida Tile, Fort Collins, CO
- 10/25 Floor & Decor, Maple Grove, MN
- 10/25 Floor & Decor, McDonough, GA
- 10/25 Floor & Decor, Arvada, CO
- 10/26 The Tile Shop, Roseville, MN
- 10/26 Floor & Decor, Savannah, GA
- 10/26 Daltile, Grand Junction, CO
Regional Training: Maryland, Virginia and North Carolina
Contractors can learn about gauged porcelain tile panels/slabs (GPTP) installation during four free day-long NTCA Regional Training Events in Maryland, Virginia, and North Carolina. Visit NTCAtraining.com or the events calendar at https://bit.ly/3TsR8Tk for details and registration.
- 10/5 – Sponsored and hosted by Floor & Décor, Capital Heights, MD
- 10/12 – Sponsored by Crossville, hosted by Mosaic Tile, Owings Mills, MD
- 10/19 – Sponsored and hosted by Floor & Décor, Leesburg, VA
- 10/26 – Sponsored by Crossville, hosted by Crossville Studios, Fletcher, NC
GPTP/Slabs Training equips you to install porcelain panels with confidence and accuracy. Learn new tile industry standards and methods for installing GPTP, how GPTP is made, where it can be used, and special tools, setting materials and techniques required to install it. This program will emphasize:
- Introduction to tile industry standards
- Use of ANSI A108.19 to install Gauged Porcelain Tile and Panels
- Use of specialty tools and setting materials to install GPTP
- Working with a team to install GPTP
Art Glass Panel Installation Training: California and Washington
This two-day intensive that equips qualified tile contractors to install luxurious, high-end Vetrite glass tile panels from Sicis. Qualified contractors must sign up for both days. Attendees who fully complete all course requirements will be eligible for manufacturer certification for Art Glass Panel installation and will be placed on a preferred installer/contractor list. They will also receive a Certificate of Course Completion from the NTCA. Get details at NTCA training.com or register for the Art Glass Panel Installation Training at: https://bit.ly/40FuHwX . October training takes place at:
- 10/4-5: Sponsored by SICIS, hosted by Coliseum Tile, San Ramon, CA
- 10/26-27: Sponsored by SICIS, hosted by Carly Michael Stone Design, Seattle, WA
Attendees of NTCA’s Art Glass Panel Installation program will experience an advanced training program where they will:
- Learn about glass of many types
- Will gain the knowledge, ability and confidence to understand, handle, fabricate and install very large art glass panels to create custom installations on walls in interior wet and dry areas using a direct bond adhesive method following manufacturer instructions.
Demand is high and class size is limited, so register early. If the class is full, your registration will be added to the waiting list and you will be contacted if a space opens. Visit NTCAtraining.com or consult the NTCA Event Calendar at https://bit.ly/3TsR8Tk for details.
Editorial Director and Senior Writer for TileLetter and TileLetter ARTISAN
Lesley Goddin has been writing and journaling since her first diary at age 11. Her journey has taken her through a career in publishing and publicity, landing her the editor position of TileLetter and its special publications in 2006. Her goal is to educate, inspire, recognize and encourage those in the tile industry -- especially the tile and stone contractor. Other interests include the soft, purring marvels known as cats, labyrinth walking, drumming and percussion, and a range of spiritual, musical and artistic pursuits.