Enjoy NTCA Webinars from any smart device
Do you have an hour or less in your work day twice a month to devote to online learning via one of NTCA’s Webinars?
“We have been offering free webinars twice monthly to the industry for over eight years,” said Jim Olson, NTCA Assistant Executive Director and moderator for the lion’s share of the webinars. “They range from from technical to business information, presented by the best in our industry. The last six years of these webinars are on our NTCA YouTube channel, giving NTCA members and all others the opportunity to watch and share at their convenience. Some NTCA webinars on YouTube have over 17,000 views!”
NTCA Webinars cover a dizzying array of industry-centric topics that you can access from your phone, tablet or computer, presented by industry experts.
Some recent topics have been:
- How to Attract and Retain Key Employees
- End Unwanted Callbacks – Grout Solutions Tips and Tricks
- Radiant Floor Heating Systems
- Exterior Tile and Stone Installations
- Automated Submittal Packages for the Commercial Contractor
- Specifying with Confidence – Floors
- Stone, Tile and Surface Care – Interior vs. Exterior
- Level Desired-Flat Required Surface Preparation for Installing Ceramic Tile
- Movement Joints in Tile and Stone Installation
- Shower Waterproofing Options
- Enhanced Performance Installation Systems for Adhered Masonry Veneer
- Proper Use of Pre-Sealers & Group Releases for the Installation of Tile & Stone
- Proper handling, Maneuvering, and Cutting Options of Large-Format Tiles
- Approaches to Exterior Tile Applications, Old and New
- Flowable Hydraulic Cement Underlayment/Self Leveling Underlayment – New Standards for Tile & Stone
- Knowing Killer Clauses and Negotiating from a Position of Strength
- Setting Expectations – Discover What Your Tile Adhesive Can/Cannot Do
- Cracks Kill – Proper Crack Isolation Methods for Tile Installations
You can find these webinars and many, many more on NTCA’s YouTube channel or go directly to the collection of recorded NTCA Webinars at https://bit.ly/3CDaezE.
Olson moderates webinars featuring a variety of industry experts from Merkrete, MAPEI, ARDEX, Custom Building Supplies, LATICRETE, Schluter, Daltile, Rubi, Noble Company, FILA, Bostik, and busybusy. These are just a few of the companies that present this information to virtual attendees free of charge, through seasoned experts who more share their experience and wisdom during these concise online webinars.
Webinars are also opportunities to have your questions answered. During the live presentation, you can ask your question in the chat bar, and most presenters also provide their contact information in case you want to follow up with them after the event.
Many NTCA Webinars also provide AIA CEU credit codes for those in the A&D community.
William Alan White, Tile & Stone Field Marketing Specialist, Western US for Ardex Americas and NTCA presenter, said the “NTCA Webinar series allows us to reach a wider and very diverse audience,” spanning contractors, designers, architects and distributors “asking questions and being involved in the presentations.” They also can reach beyond geographical borders, and continue their engagement when viewed on NTCA’s YouTube page, he said. “I’ve had people I didn’t know walk up to me and say ‘Hey I just caught your NTCA presentation and you had some really great content, I learned a lot.’ That’s a great way to start a conversation and make a new friend in our industry,” he added.
Bethany Mattingly, CIM, Vice President of American Tile Company, Inc., in Lousiville, Ky., attends the NTCA Webinars. She said, “I like learning new things. I look for areas I am not as familiar in or to brush up on techniques. While I am not an installer, the general information helps me in planning a project and estimating as well as being able to have educated discussions with the general contractors about jobsite conditions and explain processes to them.”
Interested in attending? Head to this page https://www.tile-assn.com/page/ntca-webinars to see the date, time and topic for the next NTCA Webinar, as well as links to past NTCA Webinars. See you there!
Editorial Director and Senior Writer for TileLetter and TileLetter ARTISAN
Lesley Goddin has been writing and journaling since her first diary at age 11. Her journey has taken her through a career in publishing and publicity, landing her the editor position of TileLetter and its special publications in 2006. Her goal is to educate, inspire, recognize and encourage those in the tile industry -- especially the tile and stone contractor.