“The Complete Guide on Developing Tile & Stone Specifications with Architects” teaches how to develop “bullet proof” architectural specifications, how to develop meaningful relationships with architects, and how to target and track projects and get the order!
San Diego, CA, June 06, 2023 – The University of Ceramic Tile and Stone (UofCTS) offers the “The Complete Guide on Developing Tile & Stone Specifications with Architects” course.
This course provides the student with thorough and detailed information on how architectural sales representatives can get their tile and stone products specified with “bullet proof specifications” that are resistant to value engineering and substitutions.
The course covers:
- Selection Process and Considerations
- Types of Architectural Specifications
- Architectural Specification Structure – Master Format – Part 1, 2 & 3
- Getting Your Products Specified
- Tracking and Protecting the Specification
- Communication Skills and Strategies
Students completing this course will have learned:
- How to determine product suitability for the intended use
- The different types of architectural specifications
- How to prepare a “bullet proof” MasterFormat Specification Part 1, 2 & 3 sections,
- Techniques and strategies for getting products specified
- How to track and protect specifications from substitutions and value engineering, and
- Key communication skills and strategies to help develop meaningful relationships with the specifiers and construction team.
Students will be provided with a tile and stone MasterFormat Specification template that they can use to assist architects in specifying their products.
The content of this course is based on the many years of successful architectural sales by sales representatives who have sold many high-profile projects around the country.
This course is rated at an average of 10 hours to complete. UofCTS online courses are available 24/7 for 14 days from start date at the UofCTS Online Campus. The regular tuition of this course is discounted for CTDA, NTCA, TTMAC, or Fuse Alliance members. Visit UofCTS Course Description for details.
Watch this video for a glimpse of what you will learn from the course: Click on: Video Presentation
Once registered, students have 14 days to complete the course which is accessible online, 24/7. Students can print a personalized certificate when they have passed all lesson assessments with a score of 80% or better. Upon passing the course the student is provided a link to download a student reference guide that contains all of the key information from that respective course. Volume discounts are available.
Donato Pompo and Vince Moiso are the authors of the UofCTS Online Course “The Complete Guide on Developing Tile & Stone Specifications with Architects,” which can be purchased as a Book by clicking on: Purchase Book.
The UofCTS Online Course “The Complete Guide on Developing Tile & Stone Specifications with Architects,” can be purchased from CTDA, NTCA, TTMAC, Fuse Alliance, or at the UofCTS website at UofCTS.org/Store.
# # #
The UofCTS is the training division of Ceramic Tile and Stone Consultants (CTaSC) and is committed to developing training programs for the ceramic tile and stone industry utilizing the latest and most effective technology and learning methodologies. Launched in 2003, UofCTS has enjoyed many years of success with trade and design professionals and is the leading online training University for the Tile and Stone Industry.