The Ceramic Tile Education Foundation (CTEF) welcomes new members to its Board of Directors
The Ceramic Tile Education Foundation is pleased to announce four new members to its Board of Directors last month, effective immediately:
- Erin Albrecht, Principal at J&R Tile in San Antonio, Texas
- Trask Bergerson, Acting Owner/Partner at Bergerson Tile & Stone, Astoria, Ore.
- Joseph Mattice, Certified Tile Installer #1155 and Owner of On the Level LLC, Simpsonville, S.C.
- Mark Shannon, Executive Vice President of Sales for Crossville, Inc. in Crossville, Tenn.
“As CTEF embarks on the next phase of growth with the Certified Tile Installer (CTI) and the Advanced Certifications for Installers (ACT) programs, it becomes even more important for the CTEF Board of Directors to include additional perspectives from the tile industry,” says Bart Bettiga, Executive Director of the National Tile Contractors Association (NTCA) and member of the CTEF Board of Directors. “These four additions bring valuable experience to the conversations, ranging from working with dealers and distributors, general contractors and specifiers, as well as the CTI program.”
In addition to welcoming new members, CTEF also announces that Mark Shannon has been appointed Chair of the CTEF Board, replacing Svend Hovmand who remains on the Board as Chair Emeritus.
“Please join me and CTEF in welcoming these new Board Members. They and our existing Board Members play a vital role,” added Bettiga. “The need for Qualified Labor in the tile industry is real and the value for all involved, including consumer and commercial end users, is significant.”
Other board members and officers include:
- Eric Astrachan, Secretary–Executive Director, Tile Council of North America, Anderson, S.C.
- Bart Bettiga, Treasurer – Executive Director, National Tile Contractors Association, Jackson, Miss.
- Andy Acker, Board Member – Schluter Systems Manager of Education
- Donato Grosser, Board Member – President and Founder of D. Grosser and Associates, Ltd., New York, NY.
- Mike Hawthorne, Board Member – Financial Secretary-Treasurer for Minnesota State Building and Construction Trades Council; member of OSHA Advisory Council for the State of Minnesota.
- Brent Stoller, Board Member – Installation Specialist and Training Manager, Virginia Tile
- Chris Walker, Board Member – President, National Tile Contractors Association; Vice President of David Allen Company
- Harold Yarborough, Board Member – XXXX D&B Tile Distributors
- Svend Hovmand, Chairman Emeritus – Chairman Emeritus of Crossville, Inc.
Founded in 1996, the CTEF organization focuses solely on tile installation training and education along with promoting quality tile installation in the American marketplace. In 2008, CTEF launched the Certified Tile Installer (CTI) program. The CTI program is the only third-party assessment of installer skill and knowledge which is recognized by the tile industry. It offers owners, whether residential or commercial, peace-of-mind that their tile installer has the right skills to complete a successful tile installation.
Learn More About the CTEF Board of Directors by visiting https://www.ceramictilefoundation.org/ctef-board-members.